The Group FiO group of companies (“we”, “our” or “FiO”) 1 respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store, process, share, and use personal information relating to you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. In this Privacy Notice, personal information means any information that relates to an individual who can be identified directly, or indirectly in combination with other data.
This Privacy Notice applies to the following personal data:
- Personal information we collect and process about individuals who are our business contacts because we provide services to them or their employer because they (or their employer) express an interest in our products or services because we interact with them, including when they attend events or webinars hosted, sponsored, or attended by Group FiO or because they have contacted Group FiO for customer support.
- Personal information we collect and process about individuals who visit our websites, our premises, facilities or offices.
- Personal information we collect and process about our contacts at our service providers; about our business partners with whom we collaborate; and about other third-parties with whom we interact in the ordinary course of business.
Types of personal information
Why we collect it
Identification, contact, and employment information, including your full name, professional email address, professional telephone number, company name, job title, and work location.
- Establish and manage our relationship with our customers, service providers, distributors and other partners,
- Manage the products or services we provide to you (or your employer), including to schedule meetings and calls, send technical notes and documentation, provide information about available updates of our products, and send security alerts when necessary, and
- If you visit our premises, prevent unauthorized access to our premises, protect the health and safety of our staff and visitors, and to detect and prevent fraud, criminal behavior or misconduct on our premises.
Communication information: when you are communicating with a Group FiO staff member, for example in the context of a support case, for an inquiry or to register to a Group FiO event or webinar, we will record the content of the communication, as well as the date and time of the communication, and the medium used to send it.
- Address your requests, comments, issues, questions, or concerns
- Improve our interactions with you and better meet your expectations, notably in the context of support cases
- Determine the products and services that may be of interest to you and to send you communications in accordance with your interests.
- Prevent fraud and phishing attacks targeting Group FiO or members of Group FiO staff.
Information shared on Group FiO Community
Our website hosts Group FiO Community, a forum dedicated for questions and discussion around our products and services. Any personal information that you choose to submit via this forum may be read by us, or by others who visit this forum.
Please consult Group FiO Community Terms of Services and Group FiO Community Guidelines
Marketing preferences as set out in your Email Preference Center, including the contact information you would like Group FiO to use for marketing purposes, your marketing content preferences, and whether you opted out of our marketing communications.
- Inform you of our products, services, offers, events and webinars that we believe may be of interest to you
- Manage your preferences in term of communication you receive from Group FiO, and to provide you with content adapted to your preferences
- Comply with laws and regulations restricting marketing communications.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information collected and processed by Group FiO about its employees, which is governed by a separate individual privacy notice. It also does not apply to personal information collected and processed by Group FiO for recruitment purposes, or about applicants to our job offers, which is covered by our Group FiO Recruitment Privacy Notice.
1. What personal information does Group FiO collect and why?
Information that you provide
We ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. We have described in the below table the types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it.
If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above and in the table below, then the personal information we will ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we collect your personal information.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive some of the personal information listed in the table above from third party sources (including from your employer and on occasion other suppliers and partners), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We may also collect some of the personal information listed in the table above through social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. This personal information is the information that you choose to make publicly available on these platforms, and may include your name, email address, or job title.
Group FiO may also acquire your personal information in the course of mergers and acquisitions of another company or business.
Information that we collect automatically
Types of personal information
Why we collect it
Product usage data relating to the use of our products or services, including:
- Log information, such as IP address, login credentials, date and time of access, days active, and time on site.
- Type of license and product used, features used, and buttons clicked on the interface.
- support information, including error messages, configuration issues, support case reports, and other similar support information
- Monitor subscriptions to our products and services, including to ensure that only licensed users use our software and to determine relevant subscription fees due based on numbers of licensed users.
- Understand and improve usage and enjoyment of our products, as well as your engagement with our products and services.
- Personalize and improve our products and services, including to provide users with more pertinent advertisements
Information collected through cookies, such as your geographic location, and the links clicked on our websites.
We use various cookies to ensure the functioning of our websites, and to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are.
For more information
2. Who does Group FiO share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described or referenced in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, including to comply with legal obligations such as subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law, (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
3. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Mostly, however, we process your personal information for our legitimate business interests as describe in the Section What personal information does Group FiO collect and why?. If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on any legal basis other than our legitimate interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time. For example, if we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at privacy@Group FiO.com.
4. Automated Decision Making and Profiling
If you have been a visitor to our website, we use an automated tool at the early stage of our communication process to qualify your request. This tool appears as a communication box on Group FiO websites, which you can use to ask any questions or requests you may have about Group FiO products or services. The purpose of this tool is to identify the most appropriate person at Group FiO to respond to your specific questions or requests. This tool would not have any legal or other significant effect, and you can always obtain to interact directly with one of our representatives.
5. How does Group FiO keep my personal information secure?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of the personal information that we collect and process about you from unauthorized disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
We use AES 256-bit encryption to secure the information stored on company issued laptops. We also have controls in place to ensure that only necessary employees and third parties have access to personal information.
6. International data transfers
Group FiO may share your personal information within the Group FiO group of companies for a variety of purposes, for example to provide you with the latest information about our products and services. To facilitate our global operations, your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident, and that may be outside of the European Economic Area.
Specifically, our servers are located in the US and in Germany, and our group companies, third party service providers and partners operate in countries worldwide. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
To protect your personal information, we will generally transfer data to countries subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission. In those situations where your personal information is transferred to countries not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information remains protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
7. Data retention
We retain personal information we collect from you for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For example, if we collect your personal information for our legitimate business interest, we will retain your personal information for only as long as there is an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, (e.g., to receive services from you (or your employer), to provide services to our customers, or to collaborate with our partners).
When the original purpose no longer exists, and the applicable retention periods have expired, we will either delete or anonymize your personal information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. Your data protection rights
In accordance with the European privacy laws, EEA and Swiss data subjects have the following data protection rights. If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time by contacting us at privacy@Group FiO.com.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at privacy@Group FiO.com.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at privacy@Group FiO.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by visiting your Email Preference Center to manage your preferences regarding communications you receive from Group FiO. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us at privacy@Group FiO.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.